Updated: Sep 19, 2018
Hi, I'm Teresa and I am a perfectionist. Today I wanted to give you some advice and challenge both of us to get over it.
I invite you to check out my candid video here. (I also invite you to sign up for my news letter where I share new tips and ideas every week.)
Last week I talked a bit about perfection when it comes to video blogging. I didn’t quite do it any justice.
Here's a secret...
Video Pros Get Cold Feet
I've worked in video production for a long time but I never had the courage to record myself and post it online.
In 2016, I started video blogging by making a video everyday for about 9 months.
I didn't post most of what I created (if you can believe it). They were honest, real, about 1 minute long and just for me. I wasn't ready to share my creative process with the world because...WHOMP WHOMP It didn't live up to my standards.
Start Small, Have Fun
The last 3 weeks I posted videos that I filmed using help and my professional equipment. But I want to start playing and moving. For that I like using my phone. I'm recording in my car because that's when this video idea struck.
Let's get over perfectionism together. I'm doing this simple challenge and you can too!
Here's your mission (if you choose to accept it)
1. Get out your phone and set an alarm to go off within 24 hours.
2. When the alarm goes off. Stop what you are doing and open your camera app on your phone. Record yourself for 1 minute talking about whatever is going through your head.
3. DONT WATCH IT YET
4. Set another alarm for the next day.
5. When it goes off, watch the first video.
6. Then record another one minute video.
7. Repeat for a week.
8. Start sharing with a friend when you are ready.
9. BONUS points if you share online!
10. Just kidding. Not keeping score. You got this. Here's some extra sweet free advice.
Post your video link in the comments and I'll take a look at it! Let's connect!